Awards, Honors and Exhibits
My work has been honored and displayed in a number of contests and exhibitions. Honored images may be found by title in this website.
Recent Awards and Honors (Photos titles linked to relevant Catalogue Section).
- Reaching for the Heavens was selected by the Brandywine Ballet to advertize their 40th Anniversary Season – I am so pleased! See what they did with the image at the bottom of this section!
- Third Place, Photo of the Year, Graceful Chester Country Camera Club, June 2019.
- Photographer of the Year, Chester County Camera Club, 2017 – I am truly grateful to the club for this recognition!
- Accepted, “Off to a Good Start“, Art of the State: Pennsylvania 2017, June – September, The State Museum of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, PA.
- Second Place, “Walking the Camels“, Monochrome, Photgraphic Society of America, Council’s Challenge, August 2015, displayed in the PSA Journal, November 2015 issue.
- First Place, “To May Lake“, Nature, Delaware Valley Council of Camera Clubs, Spring Foto Fling, April, 2015
- Second Place, “Fresh Gozleme“, Small Monochrome Print, Delaware Valley Council of Camera Clubs, Spring Foto Fling, April, 2016
- Photo of the Year, Chester County Camera Club (CCCC),
- Over 50 awards in monthly competitions with the CCCC.
- Finalist, “Survivor“, Tree Competition, Viewbug, August 2014
- Book Cover Art, Carolyn Gelone “Psychic Connection”, I Universe, March 2015.
- Snow Geese “Middle Creek 4″, Wayne Art Center 2016 Fall Members’ Juried Exhibition, September 18 through October 8, 2016.
Invited Exhibits (Photos titles linked to relevant Catalogue Section).
- And then there was the Covid-19 pandemic from March 2020 to recent times.
- My work had been on display at Sweet Pose a yoga and healing studio in Paoli since 2017. That has ended with the studio moving to Malvern in December 2019.
- I expanded my booth for the Sugarloaf Craft Festival in Oaks, PA, November 8-10, 2019. It was held in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks PA 19456. My display for this show was bigger and better than ever with 3 times the display space, 3 times the artwork on display, with all your old favorites and many new works, including new triptychs! See an image of the booth below!
- I also took my booth to two shows in December
– The Kimberton Waldorf Art & Craft Fair, December 6-7, 2019
– The Reading Fine Arts & Crafts Festival, December 14-15, 2019
– both excellent shows!
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Exhibition “Being There” a juried regional exhibition of black and white photography. Jim’s was one of 58 works chosen by the juror from 338 images by 93 photographers. The show ran through April, 2019 at the Wayne Art Center , Wayne, PA.
- Ice Melt Reflections was accepted into the Artists’ Equity 70th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at the Goggleworks Center for the Arts in Reading PA. The show runs for the month of April, 2019.
- Two Images, Ice Melt Reflections and Walking the Camels, were accepted into the Chester County Camera Club exhibit “My Point of View” at the Henry Gallery of Penn State Great Valley, which ran from January 3 through March 20, 2019.
- Sheep Riding at Big Timber, on display at the Americana Exhibit at the Pennsylvania Center for Photography in Doylestown from Mar. 16 – Apr. 8, 2018.
- Ice Melt Reflections, the Wayne Art Center 2017 Fall Members Juried Exhibition, Oct. 15 – Nov. 18, 2017.
- Artist’s booth at the Holiday Fine Arts & Crafts Festival of the Reading-Berks Guild of Craftsmen at Kutztown University, O’Pake Field House on November 4 & 5th, 2017.
- Artist’s booth at the 45th Annual Art Show at the Daylesford Abbey October 6 – 8, 2017
- Open Orange Art Exhibit, invited, “Dune Curve Morocco”, the Community Gallery at ValleyArts, Orange, NJ May 11 – June 10, 2017.
- Kimberton Waldorf School Craft Show, invited, artist’s booth, Kimberton PA Dec. 1-2, 2017.
- “Ice Melt Reflections” Wayne Art Center 2017 Fall Members Juried Exhibition, Oct. 15 – Nov. 18, 2017.
- Photography as Art, invited, Penn State Great Valley, “Archway”, “Dune Curve Morocco”, “To May Lake”, Malvern PA Feb. 16 –May 8, 2017
- Kimberton Waldorf School Craft Show, invited, December 2-3, 2016.
- Daylesford Abbey 44th Annual Art Show October 7 through October 16, 2016.
- Malvern Retreat House Art Show, invited, 4 large framed prints and 15 small framed prints, Malvern, PA, February 3-7, 2016. I’ll be back again in 2017.
- Pennsylvania Center for Photography, Americana Exhibit invited, “Ridin’” and “Yellowstone Colors“, Doylestown, PA, Jan. 29 through Feb. 21, 2016.
- Brush with Burden Exhibit, invited, “Open the Window“, Rural Life Museum, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Februrary 2015
- In Motion Exhibit, invited, “Gulls and Girl Amelie Island“, 1650 Gallery, Los Angeles California
- Member’s Exhibit, invited, “Open the Window“, Wayne Art Center, November 2015
- Exton Library exhibits, October 2012 to present, Exton PA
- Paoli Cancer Center exhibit, March to October 2013, Paoli PA
- The World Through Our Lens, Chester County Art Association, February 2014, exhibit with the CCCC
- Christopher’s Restaurant exhibit, November 2014, Malvern PA
- I hope you saw my work at Louette’s BYO in Phoenixville!
As you know my work has been on display at Majolica restaurant in Phoenixville for many years, thanks to chef/owner Andrew Deery. On December 7, 2019 he closed the restaurant on the anniversary of its opening, after 15 years – that’s quite a run!
I moved my artwork up Bridge Street in Phoenixville to Louette’s BYO in February. In March the Covid pandemic closed everything down. By August owner/chef Steve Howells decided to close the restaurant…. to be continued
Some of my work at Louette’s