Abstract, Closeups, Surreal
The images in this catalogue are real things, but the image takes you beyond what is real to the imaginary, the surreal.
Click on the leading image to open a slide show. To exit click on the X in the upper right corner. Scroll down to see notes about the images in this gallery. More notes may be found at the bottom of the page.
Notes about Images in Gallery
Beach Grass Bird
Walk along the beach at Barnegat Light NJ.
Sometimes nature can be exquisite!
Mineral deposits around Prismatic Pond in Yellowstone National Park.
On the Move
Heavy fog one morning in Barnegat Light coated everything with water droplets, including the table on our porch.
Ice Melt Reflections
Shallow pond created by snow and ice melt reflecting trees
Dune Curve Morocco
Sunset on the dunes near Merzouga. We spent two nights there – magical!
Cruising a Turquoise Sea
It’s a turquoise sea and deep blue sky twisted into the hood ornament of a Nash Metropolitan.
Chester County Antique Car Club Show at the Kimberton Fairgrounds.
Went downstairs to investigate a noise that woke me up at 3 AM. Wandered into this set of shadows. Got my camera and capture this image. Can’t say I understand it!
Friend’s 1935 Ford, on display at the Chester County Antique Car Club Show in Kimberton. Love the curves!
Notes on Awards and Exhibitions
AS1. Yellowstone Colors.
- Chester County Camera Club, First place, color digital image, topic – Patterns in Nature, Mar. 2012
- Third Place, People’s Choice, Chester County Camera Club, June 2012
- Accepted into the Americana Exhibit Pennsylvania Center for Photography, Doylestown, PA
AS2. On the Move
- Chester County Camera Club, Third place, monochrome digital image, topic – Shallow Depth of Field, May 2010
AS3. Ice Melt Reflections
- Chester County Camera Club, Honorable Mention,color print, topic – Abstract Beauty, March 2016
- Accepted into the Artists’ Equity 70th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at the Goggleworks Center for the Arts in Reading PA March-April 2019.
- Accepted into the Chester County Camera Club exhibit “My Point of View” at the Henry Gallery of Penn State Great Valley, January through March, 2019
- Accepted into the Wayne Art Center 2017 Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which ran from October through November, 2017.
AS4. Dune Curve
- Accepted into the Photography as Art exhibit, Penn State Great Valley, Malvern PA February –May, 2017
- Accepted into the Open Orange Art Exhibit, at the Community Gallery at Valley Arts, Orange, NJ May 11 – June 10, 2017
AS5. Self Portrait
- Chester County Camera Club, First Place, Open Monochrome Print, April, 2019
AS6. Car Curves
- Chester County Camera Club, First Place, Open Monochrome Print, September, 2019