This is the place to learn about recent awards, or images that are on display at exhibitions as well as new images that have been added to the catalogue – see below.
Upcoming or Current Events
- The impact of Covid on the Art world is finally starting to lift!
- I plan to be in a number of art shows this year. Stay tuned for those dates!
- But Covid continues to impact the Art world.
- The Mirage was accepted into the Odyssey Exhibition Online Show run by the PA Center for Photography. It is slated to run from April 9 through July 11. The exhibition link is found here .
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Artist’s Equity 71st Fall Juried Show at the Cheltenham Center for the Arts – a real in-gallery art show! It runs through December 19, 2020. Of course, there was no live opening and gallery attendance is restricted due to Covid regulations.
- There have been no other art shows that I am aware of this year. There is the possibility of some art shows occurring next year.
- BUT the Covid-19 Pandemic continues to challenge all businesses – including venues for art:
- Misty Morning Wait for the Ferry was accepted into the on-line Artist’s Equity 71st Annual Spring Show, due to closure of the host gallery due to Covid.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. the incredible nationwide art show organization has filed for bankruptcy. That means you won’t be able to see my work at the Fall show that had been scheduled for November.
- The Chester County chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen canceled the December show at Ludwig’s Corner fire house.
- I will let you know if any shows open up.
- Another sad consequence of Covid on the economy. As you may know, Steve Howells chef/owner of Louette’s BYO invited me to move my artwork into Louette’s in early February. On March 9 Steve cohosted a marvelous event with Bibou chef Pierre Camels at Louette’s. A week later the Covid pandemic closed everything. By early August Steve decided to close the restaurant. Best wishes Steve! You had a great thing there at Louette’s!
- To draw some local Holiday sales to my business I have created a Ready to Hang Shop on this website. It displays artwork that is either framed under glass or canvas wrap. Check it out!
- My wife and I toured the San Juan Islands and the Olympic National Park in the state of Washington last July. Check out Past a Gentle Giant, Sunset at Ruby Beach, Morning Fog on Ruby Beach and Ruby Beach in Morning Fog in the Landscapes and Seascapes Catalogue, as well as At the Foot of a Giant in the Nature and Weather Catalogue! More images are on the way!
Recent Events – My work was displayed at the following events.
- I was honored to have received Photographer of the Year 2017 award from the Chester County Camera Club. The club is a wonderful place to hone your skills as a photographer and have fun with a bunch of great people!
- I expanded my booth for the Sugarloaf Craft Festival in Oaks, PA on November 8, 9 and 10. It was held in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at 100 Station Ave, Oaks PA 19456. My display for this show was bigger and better than ever with 3 times the display space, 3 times the artwork on display, with all your old favorites and many new works, including new triptychs!
- I was also at two shows in December
– The Kimberton Waldorf Art & Craft Fair, December 6-7
– New – Reading Fine Arts & Crafts Festival, December 14-15
– both excellent shows!
- Himalayan Sunrise at Sarangkot was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which ran from October 20 through November 15.
- My wife and I explored the Pacific Northwest in July, 2019. Below is a list of the images that I captured on the trip!
- My photo Graceful of Amanda Hill, dancer with the Brandywine Ballet received Third Place, Photo of the Year, with the Chester Country Camera Club, June 2019.
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Exhibition “Being There” a juried regional exhibition of black and white photography, featuring original photographs from artists living in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Jim’s was one of 58 works chosen by the juror from 338 images by 93 photographers. The show ran from the 31st through May 4.
- Jim also had Ice Melt Reflections accepted into the Artists’ Equity 70th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at the Goggleworks Center for the Arts in Reading PA. The show ran for the month of April 2019.
- Two Images, Ice Melt Reflections and Walking the Camels, were accepted into the Chester County Camera Club exhibit “My Point of View” at the Henry Gallery of Penn State Great Valley, on display from January 3 through March 20, 2019.
The Pacific Northwest in July, 2019
My wife and I took a ferry from Anacortes WA to San Juan Island and then to Orcas Island, headed back to the mainland – the Olympic Penninsula with its majestic magical Rain Forest and the Sea Stacks along the coast. Here are the shots I have posted from that trip. Some of them have won awards!
- At the Foot of a Giant – in the Nature & Weather Gallery
- Campfire at Crescent Lake – in the People at Work and Play Gallery
- Into the Mist – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Lost in Lavendar – in the Gardens and Interiors Gallery
- Misty Morning Wait for the Ferry – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Morning Fog Ruby Beach – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Past a Gentle Giant – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Ruby Beach in Morning Fog – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Sea Grass on Sand – in the Abstracts, Closeups, Surreal Gallery
- Sunset at Ruby Beach – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
Recent Awards and Recognitions
Recent Additions to the Catalog.
Eagle Lake Shallows