This is the place to learn about new images that have been added to the catalogue, recent awards, or images that are on display at exhibitions.
Upcoming or Current Events – Come see my work at the following events!
- I have expanded my booth for the Sugarloaf Craft Festival in Oaks, PA on November 8, 9 and 10. It will be held in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at 100 Station Ave, Oaks PA 19456. My display for this show is bigger and better than ever with 3 times the display space, 3 times the artwork on display, with all your old favorites and many new works, including new triptychs!
- You’ll also find me at two shows in December
– The Kimberton Waldorf Art & Craft Fair, December 6-7
– New – Reading Fine Arts & Crafts Festival, December 14-15
- Himalayan Sunrise at Sarangkot was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which runs from October 20 through November 15.
- Please visit my work at Majolica soon! Andrew Deery has decided to close the restaurant on Dec. 7, the 15th anniversary of it’s opening – congratulations to Andrew for such a long successful run!
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Exhibition “Being There” a juried regional exhibition of black and white photography, featuring original photographs from artists living in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Jim’s was one of 58 works chosen by the juror from 338 images by 93 photographers. The show ran from the 31st through May 4. The Wayne Art Center is located at 413 Maplewood Ave., Wayne, PA 19087.
- Jim also had Ice Melt Reflections accepted into the Artists’ Equity 70th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at the Goggleworks Center for the Arts in Reading PA. The show ran for the month of April 2019.
- Two Images, Ice Melt Reflections and Walking the Camels, were accepted into the Chester County Camera Club exhibit “My Point of View” at the Henry Gallery of Penn State Great Valley, on display from January 3 through March 20, 2019.
- My booth was at the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Fall Fine Art & Craft Show , October 20 & 21, 2018 at the Agnes Irwin School in Rosemont.
- I also exhibited my work at
– The Chester County Craft Guild Winter Fine Art Craft Show, December 1&2, 2018 at the Ludwig’s Corner Fire Hall, and
– The 43rd Annnual Juried Craft Show at the Kimberton Waldorf School, December 7&8, 2018.
- There are some other events in the works… stay tuned!
Recent Events – My work was displayed at the following events.
- I was honored to have received Photographer of the Year 2017 award from the Chester County Camera Club. The club is a wonderful place to hone your skills as a photographer and have fun with a bunch of great people!
- Two images, Trust and Youthful Exuberance, were accepted into the Artists Equity Fall 2018 Juried Members Exhibit “Connections”, at the Cheltenham Center for the Arts, Cheltenham PA, which ran from September 23 through October 21, 2018.
- My image Spinning Prayer Wheel, Bhutan was accepted into the Wayne Art Center 2018 Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which ran from September 11 through October 6, 2018.
- I was at the 46th Annual Art Show at the Daylesford Abbey October 5 – 7, 2018. As with last year, the show will be organized around artist booths.
- My image Open the Window was accepted into the Spring 2018 Artists Equity 69th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at The John H. Baker Gallery E.O. Bull Center for the Arts West Chester University, West Chester, PA, from June 3 – 27, 2018.
- Two of my images, Slack Tide at Grand Ledge, and Sunrise Moroccan Desert, were on display in the Wayne Art Center Exhibition, Reflections Thru the Lens – An Exhibition of Landscape Photography, from May 12 through June 30, 2018.
- My work was on display along side that of fellow photographer Dick Greenwood at the Granite Farms Estates in Media PA, from May 1 through June 4, 2018.
- My booth was on display at the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Summer Fine Art and Craft Show on June 9 & 10, 2018 at the Agnes Irwin School, Rosemont PA, 19010.
- Ice Melt Reflections was accepted into the Wayne Art Center 2017 Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which ran from October 15 through November 18, 2017.
- I was at the Holiday Fine Arts & Crafts Festival of the Reading-Berks Guild of Craftsmen at Kutztown University, O’Pake Field House on November 4 & 5th.
- I exhibited at the 41st Annnual Juried Craft Show at the Kimberton Waldorf School, December 2017 and December 2016.
- I was at the 45th Annual Art Show at the Daylesford Abbey October 6 – 8. This year the show was organized around artist booths.
- “Off to a Good Start” was accepted into the Art of the State Pennsylvania exhibit! The exhibit ran from June 11 through September 10 in Harrisburg at the State Museum of Pennsylvania. It was a great honor to be part of that exhibit
- You may have seen my four entries in the Wayne Art Center Exhibition on Landscape Photography, Reflections Thru the Lens, May 15 through June 30.
- The Phoenixville Art & Street Festival happened in downtown Phoenixville on Bridge Street June 4. Andrew Deery opened Majolica that day with light fare for the art lovers. I was there along with fellow artists Alan Soffer and Nathan Laing. We hope to do similar events in the future!
- I was at the 32nd Annual Audobon Art and Craft Festival, Saturday, July 22 and Sunday July 23, 2017 at the Wallenpaupack Area High School, Rt. 6, Hawley PA.
- Photography As Art, Through the Lenses of Chester County Photographers, February 16 – May 8, 2017 at the Henry Gallery at Penn State Great Valley, The Conference Center Building 30 E. Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355. This was a tour-de-force exhibit from the Chester County Camera Club. I was honored that three of my works were accepted into the display – “Archway”, “Dune Curve Morocco”, and “To May Lake”.
- James Samanen Photography is at Sweet Pose in Paoli, PA! Studio owner Anne Susas kindly invited me to display my work in her studio after receiving many inquiries about the Snow Geese Image Middle Creek 4, which she purchased for her studio! My work is up in the studio! It looks great! Enjoy great yoga there and mellow out with some great images on the walls 🙂
- I am honored to now be among the juried members of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen! I was at the Spring Arts & Crafts Festival of the Reading-Berks Guild of Craftsmen, April 1-2, 2017. at Kutztown University. I’ll be there for the Holiday Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in November!
- Below are some more recent events:
- Through Your Looking Glass, January 20 – February 10, 2017, Oxford Arts Alliance, 38 S. Third Street, Oxford PA, 19363. Two of my works were on display – “Open the Window, and “Before the Bathroom Sink”.
- The Malvern Retreat House Art Show February 1-5, 2017. My second year! Many of my images were on display!
- The Daylesford Abbey 44th Annual Art Show October 7 through October 16, 2016.
- Canvas wrap print of the Snow Geese “Middle Creek 4″ at the Wayne Art Center 2016 Fall Members’ Juried Exhibition, September 18 through October 8.
- The Chester County Camera Club Exhibition at the Oxford Art Alliance from March 18 through April 8 2016.
- I also had two images on display in the the Americana Exhibit at the Pennsylvania Center for Photography, Doylestown, PA, January 29 through February 21 – Yellowstone Colors and Ridin’, shown below.
And I am very pleased that my work continues to be displayed at Majolica Restaurant in Phoenixville, PA, thanks to chef/owner Andrew Deery! And continued thanks to Anne Susas for displaying my work at Sweet Pose, a wellness studio in Paoli, PA, offering energy healing, BodyTalk, Pranic Healing, yoga therapy, yoga and meditation classes. Read more about it in Awards & Exhibits under About James Samanen Photography.
Recent Additions to the Catalogue
Eagle Lake Shallows